Detroit Lakes Catastrophic Injury Attorney
Catastrophic Injury Claims Managed with Care
When you are catastrophically injured, your entire future can seem uncertain. You can always depend on the reliability, professionalism, and compassion of Maring Williams Law Office and our Detroit Lakes catastrophic injury lawyers. As soon as you can after being in a devastating accident, call us at (218) 228-6332 to let us know what happened. If we can begin your claim early, then we can take the initiative and possibly catch insurance companies off-center.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
While every type of injury is a serious situation, only certain types of injuries are considered “catastrophic.” In most legal and medical terms, an injury is catastrophic if it causes the victim to suffer an immediate disability or if it is never expected to fully heal.
With this definition in mind, catastrophic injury claims often involve:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): A person living with a brain injury can experience any number of serious health complications. Memory loss, mood swings, and reduced musculoskeletal control are all common symptoms of a TBI, but there are many more.
- Spinal cord injury: Even low-speed collisions and falls from short heights can cause a severe spinal cord injury. If the spinal cord is injured severely, then it may cause immediate and permanent paralysis.
- Third-degree burns: Severe burn injuries are not only extremely painful, but they are also life-threatening. Survivors of third-degree burns are often disfigured for the rest of their lives, which can trigger mental health difficulties long after the burn heals as much as possible.
- Amputations: Violent car accidents and caught-in/between accidents can result in an amputation of a limb. Many amputation injury claims originate from industrial settings, like oilfield accidents involving heavy machinery and equipment.
Extensive & Intricate Treatments for Catastrophic Injuries
To try to lessen the lasting effects of a catastrophic injury, extensive medical care can be used. For example, someone with a spine injury might undergo various intensive surgeries. Or people with a brain injury might require months or years of physical therapy to regain certain abilities, like dexterous control of their hands. Intricate diagnostic testing can also be used to determine the extent of a catastrophic injury if it is not already known.
While these medical procedures are useful, they are also expensive. Your healthcare insurance will likely hit its cap well before you are ever given a doctor’s approval to explore testing and treatment options. To make the most of your situation and utilize as many forms of medical care as possible, you should file a claim against the party that caused your catastrophic injury, effectively putting the cost of your care on their shoulders.
Types of Damages in a Catastrophic Injury Claim
We will want to secure every cent to pay for your damages, including:
- Emergency medical care and hospitalization
- Lifelong medical treatments, as mentioned previously
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Pain, suffering, and emotional trauma
- Mental health difficulties
- Lessened life expectancy
While you do your best to recover, we can dig into the details of your claim to carefully calculate your total damages. This level of care has been shown to all of our clients ever since we first opened our doors. It would be our honor to be able to support you in this way as well.
You can begin your claim with a no-cost, no-obligation case evaluation.
Successful Verdicts & SettlementsVictories On Behalf of Our Clients & Community
Oilfield Accident $1.8 Million Settlement
Our client experienced a catastrophic ankle injury resulting in multiple surgeries while working on a work over rig in the Bakken Oilfields. He suffers from permanent damage to his right ankle and this recovery will help defer the cost of future treatment and decrease in future earning potential.
Oilfield Accident & Burn Injury $6 Million
Our client was severely burned and suffered permanent and disabling injuries in an explosion and fire at a well site in the Bakken oil fields of western North Dakota.
Car Accident $5.3 Million
Our client suffered severe injuries in a head-on automobile crash when her vehicle was intentionally struck by a vehicle operated by her ex-boyfriend.
Our ValuesHow We Provide Exceptional Legal Service to Our Cleints
We abide by a strong code of ethics in serving our clients & our communities.
We respect our clients & their time, & we are committed to being responsive to their questions & needs.
We care about every client who walks through our doors and will stop at nothing to fight for them.
We have more than 150 years of combined experience - and we're just getting started.
We are proud to be one of the region's most-trusted and respected personal injury law firms.
We are committed to not only fighting for your recovery, but to guiding you through the entire process.