After you have been injured due to no fault of your own, North Dakota personal injury law gives you the right to seek fair and reasonable compensation from the party that caused your accident or injuries. Whether you were blindsided by a big rig or fell off rickety scaffolding while working in an oilfield, the resulting damages can and should be paid by the liable party. The trick is getting that liable party to actually provide those damages.
When you need help getting the compensation you deserve, Maring Williams Law Office and our Fargo personal injury lawyers should be the first name you call. Ever since we first opened our doors in 1991, we have been dedicated to creating the optimal client experience for the wrongfully injured in Fargo and throughout North Dakota and Minnesota. You have enough on your mind after an accident, so you shouldn’t need to worry about adding legal complications to the list. Leave the entirety of your claim or case to us, and we will manage it as if we were representing ourselves.
Let us provide you with support and guidance you during this difficult time. Call (701) 402-6644.
For most personal injury claims, North Dakota relies on a comparative fault statute, which requires plaintiffs to be less than 50% liable for their accidents. Additionally, comparative fault rules mean any compensation you recover will be reduced by a percentage equal to your determined liability. For example, if you are found 30% liable for your auto accident and your damages were $100,000, then a verdict award of that amount would be reduced to $70,000.
With these liability rules in mind, it is crucial that you do as much as possible to reduce your liability, ideally down to 0%. A good starting point is hiring our Fargo personal injury attorneys to handle your case. Thanks to our decades of practice in the area, we have formed close connections with local medical professionals, investigative experts, and even other law firms. We can use our experiences to determine liability accurately and create a convincing argument to bring to the insurance company or the court if need be.
If there is one thing that we want to do at Maring Williams Law Office in Fargo, it is to make peoples’ lives better. Each day, we happily use our legal talents and insights to do just that. When you are feeling out of luck and out of options after a serious accident, please remember that we are here to lend a helping hand. Even if you decide not to retain our services in the end, we would still love to hear from you and help you find the right law firm for you. It is the neighborly thing to do, and it is the Maring Williams Law Office thing to do.
Our experienced legal advocates are committed to fighting for the justice that you deserve. There are no fees unless we win your case, so contact us to speak with a personal injury lawyer today.
Our clients commonly ask us what they can expect as their personal injury claims develop. The truth is that every personal injury claim is unique, so knowing exactly what waits around the corner is impossible. However, since we have been in the business of helping people manage personal injury claims for close to 30 years, we have experience in handling and responding to any issues that may arise with your claim.
A typical personal injury claim in North Dakota will involve:
- Consultation: Consulting with a personal injury attorney from our law firm to get the claim started should be the first step you take. During a free case evaluation, we can review the keynotes of your case and help you decide what to do next.
- Investigation: If your claim is accepted by our attorneys, then the next thing we will want to do is investigate your accident thoroughly. We will be looking for any evidence that points to liability and data that can calculate your damages.
- Demand: Once we are convinced that we have calculated your damages accurately and determined your liability for the accident, we can send a demand letter to the responding insurance company. Most claims are settled via negotiation following the demand.
- Lawsuit: If no settlement can be reached, we will work with you to determine whether to file a lawsuit on your behalf with the appropriate court.
- Discovery: The discovery process allows parties from both sides to review all available evidence, including that gathered by the opposing side. What we find in discovery could dramatically change our approach.
- Mediation: There will usually be a mediation session after the discovery process. During mediation, we can attempt to negotiate a fair settlement now that everyone is aware of all the available evidence.
- Trial: If mediation fails, then your personal injury lawsuit must be taken to trial for a verdict from a judge or jury. While trials involve time, risk, and expense, sometimes they are the only option to seek justice and fair compensation.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation with our Fargo personal injury attorneys.
Our attorneys have more than 150 years of combined legal experience. During that time, they have made it their mission to provide exceptional legal service, consistent with the firm's long history of helping people.
“Words can not truly express my gratitude for Lindsay and the staff that worked on my file.”- S.A.
“I really enjoyed working with Jim and team!”- Nicole A.
“The insurance companies would never treat us fairly without great attorneys like you and your team at Maring Williams Law Office!”- M.B.
Car Accident and Tractor-Trailer Accident $2.25 million
Our client was a passenger in a vehicle that collided with a semi-tractor on a highway.
Rear-Ended Car Accident $2.35 Million
Our client was rear-ended while stopped on the highway and sustained significant injuries to his back, ribs and lung.
Car Accident $5.3 Million
Our client suffered severe injuries in a head-on automobile crash when her vehicle was intentionally struck by a vehicle operated by her ex-boyfriend.