Distracted Driving Accident Attorneys in Bismarck
Committed to Providing Aggressive Legal Representation
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), every day 8 people die in distracted driving accidents across the United States. Even in cases where an accident is not fatal, survivors struggle to recover from catastrophic injuries that ultimately result in permanent damage and disabilities. At Maring Williams Law Office in Bismarck, our distracted driving accident team will fight on your behalf to maximize damage and ensure the responsible party is held responsible for your injuries.
4 Types of Driver Distraction
- Visual - Visual distractions encompass any time you take your eyes off the road; this could include things like texting, adjusting the dial on the radio, sight-seeing, etc.
- Auditory - Auditory distractions can be something like listening to extremely loud music, holding a conversation whether on the phone or with one of your passengers, etc.
- Manual - Manual distractions are anything that takes your hands off the wheel, for example, digging for items in your purse, disciplining a child, reaching for your phone, etc.
- Cognitive - Cognitive distractions are distractions that take your brain off of the task of driving; this can include any of the above examples as well.
Common Causes of Distracted Driving Accidents
Distracted driving accidents are becoming increasingly common. Although much of this is owed to the fact that we have more devices on hand to steal our attention from the road, there are countless other culprits when it comes to distracted driving accidents.
Below is a list of some of the most common causes:
- Talking on the phone and texting: According to the National Safety Council (NSC), 26% of all car collisions involve cell phones. Whether you are talking on the phone or texting, this can severely pull your attention away from the road, leading to an accident.
- Setting up a GPS route: Many of us rely on a GPS to drive to our destination. While there is certainly nothing wrong with needing this device to provide directions, you should avoid trying to set up a route or having to tinker with it while you are driving.
- Making adjustments: Whether you are trying to find the perfect song for your drive or need to adjust the temperature, any time you have to look away from the road to make an adjustment, you risk getting involved in a distracted driving accident. Try to set everything up the way you want it before you start driving, so you can have a smooth and safe trip.
- Talking to your passengers: No one expects you to stay silent during a car ride, but you should try to avoid engaging in any heated, emotional, or intense conversations that may be too distracting. Moreover, while talking to a passenger, it is crucial that you continue to keep your eyes on the road instead of turning to glance at them.
Unfortunately, no matter how cautious you are, there are other drivers on the road who are not as concerned with safety. If you were injured in a distracted driving accident, you can rely on the distracted driving lawyers at Maring Williams Law Office to help you.
Talk to One of Our Experienced Bismarck Distracted Driving Accident Attorneys Today!
After being injured in a car accident, medical bills can begin to pile up and you may be unable to return to work due to your injuries. At Maring Williams Law Office in Bismarck, our personal injury team is backed by decades of experience and a history of proven success.
Car Accident $5.3 Million
Our client suffered severe injuries in a head-on automobile crash when her vehicle was intentionally struck by a vehicle operated by her ex-boyfriend.
Rear-Ended Car Accident $2.35 Million
Our client was rear-ended while stopped on the highway and sustained significant injuries to his back, ribs and lung.
Car Accident and Tractor-Trailer Accident $2.25 million
Our client was a passenger in a vehicle that collided with a semi-tractor on a highway.
We abide by a strong code of ethics in serving our clients & our communities.
We respect our clients & their time, & we are committed to being responsive to their questions & needs.
We care about every client who walks through our doors and will stop at nothing to fight for them.
We have more than 150 years of combined experience - and we're just getting started.
We are proud to be one of the region's most-trusted and respected personal injury law firms.
We are committed to not only fighting for your recovery, but to guiding you through the entire process.