Bismarck Car Accident Attorney
Car Accident Claims
Were you struck by a negligent driver while driving around Bismarck or the surrounding area? You need comprehensive and compassionate legal representation to confidently file a car accident claim in pursuit of maximized damages. Maring Williams Law Office is the name you can rely on. We take each case personally, fighting for our clients as if we were representing ourselves.
Insurance companies like to put up a serious fight for most car accident claims, even when it is clear that the driver they are representing caused the crash. We are familiar with their tactics and the reasoning behind them, so we know how to counter them. During a free initial consultation, we can help you figure out what to do next without requiring any upfront payment.
Call (701) 543-6685 to begin your car accident claim with our help.
North Dakota Car Insurance Laws
In North Dakota, drivers must purchase auto insurance that provides minimum coverage equal to:
- Bodily injury per person: $25,000
- Bodily injury per accident: $50,000
- Property damage per accident: $25,000
- Uninsured motorist coverage per person: $25,000
- Uninsured motorist coverage per accident: $50,000
Insurance policies with higher damage caps can be purchased, but the above amounts are the minimum amounts needed to reach legal requirements. If another driver hits you and causes damages, then you should be able to expect their insurance company to provide up to their insurance cap. Although, it is probably safer to expect their insurance company to deny liability altogether.
Determining Car Accident Liability
The comparative fault rules in North Dakota require a determination of each party’s percentage of responsibility for an accident. As long as you are not 50% (or greater) at fault for the accident, you can recover damages or compensation for your injuries. This rule makes it critical for you to prove that you were not liable for your accident, or, at least, you were not mostly liable for it.
Our Bismarck car accident attorneys can use the following to determine liability:
- Photographs: A picture says a thousand words or more when it comes to proving who causes a car accident. If you took pictures after your collision, then our lawyers would like to analyze them.
- Eyewitness testimonies: Sometimes what other drivers saw is more valuable than what you did. The statements from eyewitnesses to your accident may reveal information that you could not have known on your own.
- Police statements: Reports from first responders like law enforcement officers could point to the liable party. For example, if there is reason to suspect the other driver was drunk at the time of your accident, a police report might note it.
- Medical records: The information your doctors recorded during initial checkups after your accident validate the extent of your injuries. Notes might also help prove the circumstances of the crash. For example, a whiplash injury is often caused by a rear-end accident.
What Injuries Do Car Accident Victims Suffer?
We will want to work closely with your medical providers to get a full understanding of your injuries and the hardships they have caused you. Even if your injuries have healed as much as possible, you could still be experiencing day-to-day difficulties and pain, which will count towards your possible damages.
Did you suffer any of these common car accident injuries?
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spine or back injury
- Permanent disfigurement
- Crush injury
The costs associated with treating your injuries could be great, especially when considering future costs that you have not yet needed to pay. Part of our role as your Bismarck car accident lawyers will be to calculate all of your damages and seek every last penny you deserve.
Get your car accident claim rolling today by dialing (701) 543-6685.
Car Accident $5.3 Million
Our client suffered severe injuries in a head-on automobile crash when her vehicle was intentionally struck by a vehicle operated by her ex-boyfriend.
Oilfield Accident & Traumatic Brain Injury $19 Million
Our client suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI), severe burns, and permanent disfigurement when he was involved in a gas explosion in the Bakken oil fields of western North Dakota.
Oilfield Accident & Burn Injury $6 Million
Our client was severely burned and suffered permanent and disabling injuries in an explosion and fire at a well site in the Bakken oil fields of western North Dakota.
We abide by a strong code of ethics in serving our clients & our communities.
We respect our clients & their time, & we are committed to being responsive to their questions & needs.
We care about every client who walks through our doors and will stop at nothing to fight for them.
We have more than 150 years of combined experience - and we're just getting started.
We are proud to be one of the region's most-trusted and respected personal injury law firms.
We are committed to not only fighting for your recovery, but to guiding you through the entire process.