Bismarck Rideshare Accident Lawyers
Were You in a Wreck While Using Uber or Lyft?
Figuring out your legal options after a car accident can be frustrating. Add in the complications of a rideshare company, such as if you get hurt by or while using an Uber or Lyft, and the situation can be downright complex. If you need help managing a rideshare accident claim in Bismarck, then turn to Maring Williams Law Office today. We pride ourselves on making legal processes stress-free for our clients by managing all aspects of them from start to finish.
Our law firm and Bismarck rideshare accident attorneys have earned numerous professional awards and recognitions, such as:
- American Association for Justice
- AV® Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers®
- Super Lawyers®
The outcome of your rideshare accident case could determine your comfort and well-being for years to come. Why would you leave it up to chance, or with a law firm with less experience than ours? Make the sound choice and team up with Maring Williams Law Office today.
What Happens After a Rideshare Accident?
After being in a rideshare accident, you need to start collecting information about all parties involved. This is the same thing you would do after any car accident case, but there will be an added step to get information related to the rideshare driver.
You need to know the following from the rideshare driver:
- Rideshare company that contracted them
- Insurance information provided by the rideshare company
- Insurance information for their privately held policy
- Rideshare worker ID if available
- Ride number or ID if available
Don’t forget to also get photographs of the crash and to speak to anyone else involved, like another rideshare passenger if you were sharing a ride. The more information that you can gather and give to our attorneys, the better.
Rideshare Company Insurance
Uber and Lyft both offer significant insurance policies to cover damages after a rideshare accident. However, the policy only works for certain accidents, not all of them. There is a chance that you won’t be able to file against it, depending on the details of your crash.
Keynotes of Uber’s policy are:
- No coverage: Uber will not offer any coverage if the rideshare driver was not using the Uber app or was not signed in as a driver at the time of the traffic collision. If you were driving and an Uber driver hit you, but they weren’t technically an Uber driver at the time, then you will have to file against their regular auto insurance policy.
- Some coverage: Uber will provide some coverage if one of its drivers was logged into the app and actively looking for a fare. However, you must file against the driver’s own insurance first. You can then file against Uber’s insurance if the money you recover from the other policy is not enough to take care of your damages.
- Most coverage: Uber will provide the most coverage if one of its drivers was logged into the app and either picked up a passenger already or was en route to pick one up. In this situation, you can file against Uber’s policy first, which has a $1,000,000 bodily injury liability limit, as well as other benefits.
Lyft’s insurance policy is remarkably similar to Uber’s. Both are also sold to the companies by nationwide insurance companies, so you can expect some opposition when you try to file your claim.
Need Help with Your Uber Accident? Call Us
Our Bismarck Uber and Lyft accident lawyers are here to help you make sense of your rideshare accident claim. On the surface, it can seem overly complicated, and, in many ways, it might be. But with us leading the way, you can feel confident in your chances of securing fair and maximized compensation.
Dial (701) 543-6685 now to learn about our Uber & Lyft accident attorneys in Bismarck and your legal options.
Oilfield Accident $1.8 Million Settlement
Our client experienced a catastrophic ankle injury resulting in multiple surgeries while working on a work over rig in the Bakken Oilfields. He suffers from permanent damage to his right ankle and this recovery will help defer the cost of future treatment and decrease in future earning potential.
Oilfield Accident & Traumatic Brain Injury $19 Million
Our client suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI), severe burns, and permanent disfigurement when he was involved in a gas explosion in the Bakken oil fields of western North Dakota.
Car Accident $5.3 Million
Our client suffered severe injuries in a head-on automobile crash when her vehicle was intentionally struck by a vehicle operated by her ex-boyfriend.
We abide by a strong code of ethics in serving our clients & our communities.
We respect our clients & their time, & we are committed to being responsive to their questions & needs.
We care about every client who walks through our doors and will stop at nothing to fight for them.
We have more than 150 years of combined experience - and we're just getting started.
We are proud to be one of the region's most-trusted and respected personal injury law firms.
We are committed to not only fighting for your recovery, but to guiding you through the entire process.