Bismarck Catastrophic Injury Attorney
Managing Catastrophic Injury Claims
A catastrophic injury is any severe injury that causes permanent harm or immediate disability. If you have suffered a catastrophic injury due to the actions or inactions of another person, then you need to bring a claim against them in search of both compensation and a sense of justice.
Maring Williams Law Office assists clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries in all types of accidents, like car accidents and truck accidents. We know that you are going through enough as things are now, so we do all we can to manage all facets of your claim on your behalf. Our law firm has been the trusted name in North Dakota ever since we opened our doors in 1991.
Dial (701) 543-6685 to speak to our Bismarck catastrophic injury lawyers about your claim.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
What are some of the most common catastrophic injuries in personal injury claims?
- Brain injuries: A traumatic brain injury or TBI is often considered the worst kind of catastrophic injury for several reasons. First, most brain injuries are never capable of healing and will only worsen as time passes. Second, brain injuries can cause completely unpredictable symptoms, like memory loss, migraines, mood swings, or complete debilitation.
- Burns: A second- or third-degree burn can cause extreme pain and debilitation, depending on where the burn occurs. Burns around joints, for example, make using the afflicted limb impossible without excruciating pain that only fades once it heals.
- Spine injuries: An injury to the spine or spinal cord can have immediate and severe consequences, including paralysis. The higher on the spine the injury occurs, the more extensive the paralysis will be.
- Amputations: Losing a limb or a portion of a limb, like a foot or a finger, is life-changing. The new difficulties experienced by an amputation patient can be crippling and discouraging, causing physical harm, financial difficulties, and emotional trauma.
- Noticeable scarring: A catastrophic injury that leaves a visible scar can cause significant emotional pain and mental health difficulties. It is not uncommon for people with visible scars or other disfigurements to feel like they are being negatively judged by people around them.
Living with a Catastrophic Injury
As mentioned, living with a catastrophic injury can be difficult and exhausting in more ways than one. Everyday tasks that most people take for granted can become uphill challenges for people with a catastrophic injury. For example, getting dressed or bathing oneself might be an impossibility for someone with paralysis.
The emotional pain and suffering that often follows a catastrophic injury can also cause significant damage. Going outside, being in public, and so forth can all become difficult due to newly onset or worsened anxiety and depression.
When we work on a catastrophic injury claim for a client, we are careful to consider all available damages. Past, current, and future damages must all be calculated in order to pursue the correct amount of compensation. Economic damages, like medical bills, and noneconomic damages, like pain and suffering, will be considered.
How a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Helps
Insurance company representatives grit their teeth when they receive a claim that mentions a catastrophic injury. They know that the damages owed to the claimant will be higher than the typical claim, which may prompt them to deny it without a proper investigation. Do not let their disregard for your claim go unchecked.
Come to Maring Williams Law Office in Bismarck for all the legal help you need when taking on a difficult or stubborn insurance company. We are here to fight on your behalf in and out of court, while also helping you feel confident and comfortable as your claim progresses. Our law firm is famous throughout North Dakota for combining real results with genuine compassion.
Dial (701) 543-6685 to connect with our Bismarck catastrophic injury lawyers today.
Car Accident and Tractor-Trailer Accident $2.25 million
Our client was a passenger in a vehicle that collided with a semi-tractor on a highway.
Oilfield Accident & Traumatic Brain Injury $19 Million
Our client suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI), severe burns, and permanent disfigurement when he was involved in a gas explosion in the Bakken oil fields of western North Dakota.
Rear-Ended Car Accident $2.35 Million
Our client was rear-ended while stopped on the highway and sustained significant injuries to his back, ribs and lung.
We abide by a strong code of ethics in serving our clients & our communities.
We respect our clients & their time, & we are committed to being responsive to their questions & needs.
We care about every client who walks through our doors and will stop at nothing to fight for them.
We have more than 150 years of combined experience - and we're just getting started.
We are proud to be one of the region's most-trusted and respected personal injury law firms.
We are committed to not only fighting for your recovery, but to guiding you through the entire process.