Car Accidents

North Dakota Car Accident Attorneys & Lawyers

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you and your family have experienced disruptions from medical appointments, time off your job, financial difficulties and emotional distress.

Personal injury claims can be extremely complicated. What laws apply in what state? What benefits am I entitled to? Who pays for what? These are questions only an attorney can answer for you.

What Should You Do If You Are Injured In A Car Accident?

Exchange identification, vehicle registration, and insurance information.  Anytime there is an injury or property damage over $1,000, you must report the accident to the police.

Take photographs of your vehicle and your injury (if there is visible bruising or if you have stitches).

Seek medical care for your injuries at an emergency room, walk-in clinic or with your primary care provider as soon as possible.

Report the accident and your injuries to your insurance company. Waiting more than six months could allow your insurance company to deny you benefits. The law may require you to sign application or authorization forms, but you should ALWAYS check with an attorney before you sign.

Don’t give a written or tape recorded statement to any insurance company without talking to a lawyer first. Too often, people say things like “I’m doing pretty well” – that can be potentially used against you – if a serious injury develops.

Do Most Auto Accident Cases Settle Or Is There A Chance We Would Have To Go To Court?

MWLO is committed to long term relationships with insurance and health care providers, which help us to be more efficient and cost-effective in trying to negotiate settlements for our clients. The majority of our cases do settle, but if we can’t get a fair agreement – we will not hesitate to take a case to court.

What Is Adequate Compensation For A Car Accident Case?

There is NO amount of money that can make up for the pain and suffering caused by an injury. On the other hand, the ONLY compensation the law allows is money to help make up for the harm caused by someone else. EVERY case is different. We will get to know you and evaluate your injury based on your unique needs.

My Insurance Company Has Scheduled Me To See Another Doctor – Do I Have To Go?

Yes. But an “independent medical examination” (IME) is often the first step by the insurance company to stop your no fault benefits. The physician is not intended to give you a second opinion or offer you alternative treatment options. They work for the insurance company. CALL US IMMEDIATELY if you are scheduled for an IME.  We can tell you what to expect and what your rights are.

Bismarck & Fargo Law Offices

North Dakota car accident lawyers & attorneys serving all of North Dakota, including: Fargo, Bismarck, Grand Forks, Wahpeton, Valley City, Jamestown, Devils Lake, Minot, Dickinson & Williston